• Each item has its own auction start and end date which lasts an average of 7 days.
• If a bid is placed in the last 5 minutes of the auction's end the auction is automatically extended by 5 minutes.
• You may Log in and Log off from any page at anytime.
Logging in gives you access to your ‘myAA’ personal homepage and also enables you to make live bids, as well as establish dynamic contact with Auction Atrium without leaving the website and passing details of an item listing on to another interested party. If your password is invalid, the system will say, ‘could not log you in, please review your details’. A ‘Not Registered’ link is also supplied.
When registering, an email is sent out to your email address. A link is included which you must click on to activate your account. This is a security measure to make sure your email address is valid.
• If you attempt to make a bid whilst you are not logged in, the system directs you to a logging-in page,which redirects you back to the item and onto the bidding page.
• Email notifications are sent out for:
o Registration notification
o Outbid notification
o You have won notification
• The myAA page contains 5 main sections:-
o Bidding Status- Items you are bidding on/ Items you are watching/ Items you have won/ Items you have not won.
o Messages - (Inbox facility). These are only seen if a message has been sent to you from Auction Atrium.
o Consignments – Consigned items to AA from a seller, showing 'Items you are selling'/ 'Items you have sold'/ 'Items you have not sold'.
o Invoices – Invoices to Buyer/ Statement of Proceeds to seller from AA.
o Profile - Profile of Registrant (Name/ Address/ Phone/ Password details etc.)
• As a non-registered user (and not logged in user), you have all static information and search facilities at your disposal. You do not have access to myAA or any bidding facilities.
• Using the quick search from any page on the site, searches for those keywords that appear anywhere in the short description or full description on every item on the site. You may also use the quick search field to search by Lot No.
Bidding Details of Item Listing:
Current Bid: -
The last highest effective bid placed.
Bid Increments: -
The next structured bid increment.
i.e. Up To Bid amount - (Increment)
nil - (1)
20 - (2)
50 - (5)
100 - (10)
300 - (20)
500 - (50)
1,000 - (100)
5,000 - (250)
10,000 - (500)
20,000 - (1,000)
50,000 - (2,000)
100,000 - (5,000)
250,000 - (10,000)
500,000 - (20,000)
1,000,000 - (100,000)
Infinite - (100,000)
Next Minimum Bid: Next acceptable minimum bid that can be placed based on the incrementing structure.
Number of Bids: Total number bids placed. This includes every bid placed that has not met the reserve price. There is a link that gives you details of the bid history.
Location: The geographic location of the showroom that is offering the item.
High Bidder: Once the ‘Reserve Price’ has been met, the current highest bidder ID is displayed in this field.
Your Maximum Bid: The maximum amount the user is willing to bid up to. The system will automatically bid for you against any other bidder until your maximum bid has been reached. Proxy Bidding becomes effective only when the ‘Reserve Price’ has been met. No other user but the person currently logged in can see what your Maximum Proxy Bid is. If you log out, this information becomes unavailable and states: ‘You need to be logged in to see your maximum bid’.
Bid History: There is a link to the bid history showing in brackets how many bids have been placed. Once clicked, a pop-up window appears showing details of all bids placed. (This being user id of who placed the bid, date and time the bid was placed, the bid amount). The information is presented in descending order with the current highest bid at the top of the window. A ‘close’ link is at the bottom to close the window.
• Once a bid has been placed, the message: ‘Your bid has been placed. Thank you’ shows up below the bidding part. Underneath this is one of a possible three messages dependent on the effective result of the bid:
o ‘The reserve price has not been met’
o ‘You have been outbid’
o ‘You are the highest bidder’
• Auction Atrium does not publish 'Reserve' prices. If a bid has been placed and the reserve price has not been met, the system will display ‘The Reserve Price has not been met’ .
• If you become the Highest Bidder after the Reserve has been met, it will indicate this on the bidding screen. If you then get outbid by somebody else, you will receive an email stating this together with the item details.
• If a user gets outbid by another user once the reserve has been met, that person will receive an email saying that they have been outbid.
• If a user wins an item, that person will receive an email saying that they have won the item.
• You can keep increasing your ‘Maximum Bid’ (Proxy Bid) if you are away from an internet connection and want to increase your chances of winning the item. Your effective bid remains the same if no other counter bids have been made.
• When entering your ‘Maximum Bid’ for an item which has no previous bid history and the reserve price has not been met, this bid becomes your effective bid. All incrementing subsequent bids are then based from this starting point.
The Auction Atrium bidding platform incorporates Proxy Bidding as the basis for bidding. This is convenient and logical as the auction lasts for 7 days. It enables you to place a ‘maximum’ bid without having to be at an internet connection for the duration of the auction. The system will accept your proxy bid and bid on your behalf. If anyone places a bid lower than your proxy bid, the system will automatically outbid the other user, for which they would receive a notification that they have been outbid.
You may at anytime increase your ‘maximum bid’ if say for example you want to increase your chances of winning an item. The maximum you will ever pay is your ‘maximum bid’ amount (plus buyer’s premium and any other item related costs). If you are the highest bidder, you will only ever pay one ‘bid increment’ above the bidder who has the second highest bid. If there are two proxy bids of the same amount, the first registered proxy bid takes precedence.
Once you select a category or perform a search the listings results are produced. Every column in the listing results is an active link to the specific item listing, This includes: Thumbnail, short description, current bid, time remaining and item number.
These results can be re-sorted under the following orders:
• Time: ending soon
• Time: newly listed
• Current Bid: lowest first
• Current Bid: highest first
The Last Chance section of the website is to showcase all items on the site where the auction is ending in 6 hours or less. The system automatically places items in this section once this time frame is established. This is an exciting part of the site where you can snap up a bargain in the last stages of an auction.
This part of the site showcases items of particular interest.
When you log in to MyAA, the active links are:
MY AA HOME
Your immediate real-time 'BUYER' interaction information is displayed:
• Items you are bidding on:
• Items you are watching (Has a remove link)
• Items you have won • Items you have NOT won (Items where bids were placed and not won)
When the ‘CONSIGNMENTS’ link is activated, your immediate real-time 'SELLER' interaction information is displayed:
• Items you are selling (Anything that user has currently consigned with us.).
• Items you have sold • Items you have NOT sold
When the ‘INVOICES’ link is activated:
Two types of PDF's are viewable if they have been generated by AA:
1. Invoices for ‘Buyer’
2. Statements of Proceeds for ‘Seller’
When the ‘PROFILE’ link is activated:
This shows the profile details of the user. It is the information that was originally given by the user when they first registered.
The fields are:
1. User ID
3. First name (Must be given)
4. Surname (Must be given)
5. Company Address (Must be given)
6. Postal Code (Must be given)
7. State/ Area Country (Must be given)
8. Telephone number (Must be given)
9. Work telephone number
10. Mobile telephone number
11. Password (Must be given)
12. Confirm Password (Must be given)
The user may at anytime log into myAA and amend their profile details, including changing their password to their User Email which was given when they first registered. You will notice that the User Email address is not in the profile. This is because a user cannot change their email address as this becomes a security issue. If for any reason the user wishes to use a different email address (which becomes the User Email), the user will have to apply in writing or email.